Distance of Saxony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion on what to do when under attack

Go down

Suggestion on what to do when under attack Empty Suggestion on what to do when under attack

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:05 pm

I have a couple observations with regards to being attacked. (TBH, these are my observations from the attacking side, not the defending side Wink

There are only two real ways of being hurt by attacks:

1) Losing all your resources

2) Getting hit repeatedly and losing a city

Both of these things can be avoided if you are on the game.

The first scenario can be pretty easily avoided by either moving your resources ahead of an attack to another city or hiding them in the market.

The second scenario can be avoided if you save your troops for the repeated, secondary attacks that are necessary.

Typically, people have one big attack to knock out defenses and steal resources before following up with a ton of smaller, fast attacks to drop loyalty. My suggestion is that if you are getting attacked by a force you know your wall defenses + troops can't beat, hide your resources right before the attack hits and close your gates. Yes, you will lose your wall defenses. However, the attacker will lose his big army for hours for no real gain plus the loss of the travel expenses. Trust me, this can quickly get frustrating.

The attacker may think you are keeping your gates closed and proceed to send wave after wave of cavalry for fast, loyalty dropping attacks. Now's the time to open the gates and use the ponies for fertilizer. When they get wise and send a big army again, hunker back down behind your gate. Since your wall defenses are gone, they will have just sent a large army to attack "nothing" and bring nothing back. You lose nothing but 1-3 loyalty. Not a big deal. Comfort your people with some of those hidden resources, and you're immediately back to where you were while their troops take the long road home.

Granted, this requires a decent beacon tower plus attentiveness. However, you will definitely minimize losses while maximizing the attacker's time and resources.

Back to top Go down

Suggestion on what to do when under attack Empty Re: Suggestion on what to do when under attack

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:50 pm

thanks i mite use that advice some time Smile

Back to top Go down

Suggestion on what to do when under attack Empty Re: Suggestion on what to do when under attack

Post by Angel~j~ Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Would dropping the tax rate really low to zero help in this ?
Angel~j~
Angel~j~
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Angel~j~ wrote:Would dropping the tax rate really low to zero help in this ?

I don't know. But I really wouldn't recommend it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down